A Traditional Timber Supplier and Mill
To find out more about any of our products or services, please call the main office on 01953 887 555 or fill in our onsite contact form and we’ll get back to you.
Edgar Burton, the father of Burton’s Timber, set up the original timber importing business in Liverpool in 1921, supplying the ship and boatbuilding industry. After trading for several years the company shut down for WWII, before opening again in 1945 as a partnership between Edgar Burton and Albert Godwin, becoming a limited liability company in 1955.
In the 1959 the company relocated to a new premises in Brentwood, Essex, with Albert Godwin taking over the company upon the death of Edgar Burton, whilst still retaining the original company name.
E O Burton & Co Ltd, formed the Norfolk based sister company to E O Burton (East Anglia) Ltd in 1990. Supplying a similar range of timber, they opened up a fully functioning sawmill in Snertterton. Still home to the business today, we have been successfully serving the East Anglian area with a wide variety of wooden products alongside hardwood and softwood timber.
In addition to our timber supply business, we keep a number of specialist wood-working machines on our premises. These are used to produce bespoke patterns, dado rails, skirting boards, flooring, window sills, beading and many other timber products. As Burton Timber control the entire product process, we are not bound by high production levels and specialise in small runs and even single specialist items.
Since the company’s first days, Burton’s Timber have been committed to only supplying quality wood. We prefer to build long standing relationships with suppliers that we know only use fully legal lumber obtained from sustainable sources.